Wednesday, February 23, 2011

One Week Down (plus a day)

I meant to get on here yesterday and give a weekly update on us but the day completely got away from me. As of yesterday Kelsey was one week old. I can't believe it has already been a week. Well now, eight days. The days are flying by. As I write this, I can't believe it is already evening! Kelsey had a doctors appointment on Monday. She didn't lose any weight after birth and in fact gained six ounces. I am so excited! I didn't breastfeed Riley or Logan, so part of this is all new for me. I can't measure out how much she is getting to eat. I can only go by the way she is acting and by her diapers. I am so proud of the two of us! We are slowly getting into a routine. Although I should be taking into account that Mike won't be able to help as much when he goes back to work. Right now we are soaking him up! I dread the day he goes back to work. The kids are going to be so sad.

Riley and Logan are doing well with their baby sister. Riley can't get enough of her. She loves to hold her and "help" change her diapers. She gives her so many kisses, which ends up waking Kelsey up half the time but it is very sweet. Logan. Well, he will come look at her and give her a goodnight kiss. But he is far too busy playing to mess with her much. He is such a funny kid.

I had my week checkup today. Everyone thought Kelsey was adorable and that she looked just like her daddy. She definately does! I am back at my pre pregnancy weight. I knew I had to be close because I wore my pre pregnancy jeans on Monday. I gained about 30 lbs during my pregnancy but I had lost 12 in the first trimester. So that brings my weight loss to about 16ish pounds. Go me! lol!

Now that I finally feel almost 100% I can start getting the house together and start being a full time mommy and not just hang out on the couch like a slug. Although I am enjoying being a slug. Maybe I'll be a slug for a few more days. After all. I DID just give birth!

1 comment:

  1. 16 pounds in a week... I need your secret. I don't think hanging around the couch like a slug will do it for me.. It has to be in your genes girl.. I still have 15 pounds to lose and it's been 2 years. hehe... oh well, my clothes still fits. :)

    Good to see the updates.

    ReplyDelete